Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) offers a unique atmosphere that prepares Research PhD students for careers in academia and industry.
About Research PhD
Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) offers a unique atmosphere that prepares Research PhD students for careers in academia and industry. Our students are supervised and mentored by QLA faculty and leading researchers in our partner institutions and receive their degrees from QLA.
We are committed to preparing our students to reach the threshold of academic research independence required for knowledge creation and application. To achieve this, we have created a highly motivating and interactive environment for pushing the boundaries of scientific knowledge. This gives research masters students an opportunity to gain high-quality research experience in a rich environment within state-of-the-art facilities with professional career guidance. We are currently looking for motivated, talented students to become involved in research projects covering areas such as mathematics, data science, smart systems and quantum information.
QLA welcomes applications from talented and motivated students, who have obtained a master’s degree in math or a related field. Students will be selected on the basis of their potential as researchers and academic achievement.
Students are recruited from a diverse group from across Africa, both in background and nationality. We especially encourage applications from women. Students being considered for admission may be contacted for a short oral interview.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The program is fully funded. Students will be provided with the following:
- Full tuition
- Living stipend
- Health insurance
- IT equipment
Environment & Living
QLA offers a wide range of opportunities for quantum students that go beyond just academic education to other activities such as social activities, outreach initiatives, and cultural events.
These activities include:
- Communal football competitions with communal soccer leagues and associations.
- Sports activities at the facilities such as volleyball, football, badminton
- Trips to Nyungwe forest reserve and Akagera National Park
- Participation in community service “Umuganda” thelast Saturday of the month
- Multi-cultural competitions amongst the students
- Easter and Eid and New Year celebrations
- Student and Alumni annual get-together parties
- Tennis at the national stadium, Amahoro Stadium
- Jogging exercises to and within the national stadium, Amahoro Stadium
- Golf at Kigali Golf Club in Nyarutarama, a 1 hour walk from QLA offices